10.21.2007

Today I finally decided to update my blog, with the all important news (at least to me) that I'm back in Manitoba, again studying at my beloved Canadian Mennonite University, thrilled that they (as of this year) are offering a graduate degree. Thus, I hope to finish an MA in Theological Studies, with a concentration in Christian history.

It's incredible to be back in lovely Manitoba, and to rejoin a number of old friends, as well as make new ones. Highlights of the year will hopefully include a study tour of the Middle East, as well as singing Bach's Christmas Oratorio with the Mennonite Festival Chorus and the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra (who have a tremendous student pass deal, by the way).

I'm very appreciative of all my family and friends back home who are supporting me in this, especially my home parish, the Cathedral of the Annunciation (Ottawa), as well as St. Barnabas (Spencerville - south of the city) who have both taken it on to sponser me.

Your prayers are begged as I continue to wrestle with God about where he's leading me in the future. If possible, I'm hoping to go back into the studio sometime this fall to record a few new songs. I'm still planning to have some stuff online at some point. (In the meantime, my mailbox is waiting to take your CD orders.)

God bless and keep you,

Michael

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i know what it feels liuke to be struggling with where God is leading me. this is something that i am dealing with a LOT these days as well.

and i'm sorry for the waty i reacted the last time we spoke, i was way out of line. can you please forgive me?

Michael said...

I never saw this until now, and it's anonymous, so I have no idea who to forgive... but if you see this, I do forgive you.